[pdftex] Re: hiding optional content

RS w.m.l at gmx.net
Sat Jan 7 02:01:06 CET 2006

Hi Pawel,

On 06.01.2006 11:03, Pawel Jackowski wrote:
> afaik only Acrobat 6 and hi supports displaying PDF 1.5 optional
> content. Meybe you can fake macros supporting layers to so called marker
> content
>
>     /Subpage BMC ... EMC
>
> stuff? Similar in syntax, doesn't affect the preview, introduced in PDF
> 1.3 I think...

Hm, I've had a look at the specs but I don't see how I could use marked
content to do the same thing as optional content.

What I would need is something like a switch that makes older viewers
ignore all content. In the meantime, I've come across the BX ... EX
compatibility operators. However, they will only ignore unknown
operators, not the content.

Regards,
Robert.