[pdftex] Man page for pdftosrc

Hilmar Preusse hille42 at web.de
Thu Nov 3 15:57:12 CET 2005

On 03.11.05 Frank Küster (frank at kuesterei.ch) wrote:
> Hartmut Henkel <hartmut_henkel at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Nov 2005, Frank Küster wrote:

Hi,

> > If it's only the man page, this can be done. I mean a generic,
> > traditional manpage (e. g. pdftosrc has nothing to do with TeX).
>
> In fact it has been done, and all Hilmar and I requested that
> someone from the pdftex team (or anybody else familiar to the
> program including internals) can review the proposed manpage and
> approve it, or suggest changes.
>
> The answer to this was that nobody would do it because it is
> obsolete. If you think otherwise, the best thing to do would be to
> review the manpage at

Further one could think about removing pdftosrc from teTeX and create
a separate project.

> http://tug.org/mailman/htdig/pdftex/2004-July/005228.html

First version, which was later reviewed during a private discussion
with Hartmut. Latest version on
http://www.amasol.de/~preusse/pdftosrc/ .

H.
--
Documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing.