[pdftex] How to change Producer value?

Andreas Matthias amat at kabsi.at
Sat Feb 15 21:15:17 CET 2003

ruu at pacbell.net wrote:

> How do I change the 'Producer' property for a PDF file created
> with PDFLaTeX, which I am using as part of the Miktek
> installation for Windows? I get 'MiKTeX pdfTeX 1.10a' even
> though I have specified something different.

MikTeX changed the Producer Key? Well, this is not very nice.
I think one should appreciate the Producer Key. However, if
MikTeX is not blamed for that, there should be no problem to
change it again.

In file pdftex.ch delete line number 4499:

  @<Print the Producer key@>;

Then recompile pdftex. That`s all. Now you can set the Producer
Key with \pdfinfo.

Ciao
Andreas