[pdftex] How to change Producer value?

ruu at pacbell.net ruu at pacbell.net
Sat Feb 15 12:25:54 CET 2003

Hi,

How do I change the 'Producer' property for a PDF file created
with PDFLaTeX, which I am using as part of the Miktek
installation for Windows? I get 'MiKTeX pdfTeX 1.10a' even
though I have specified something different. Here is the LaTeX
source file I am using:

\documentclass{article}

\pdfinfo{
/Author (John)
/CreationDate (D:20030206130000)
/ModDate (02/06/2003 15:01)
/Creator (John)
/Producer (newvalue)
/Title (Document title here)
/Subject (Subject goes here)
/Keywords (Keywords go here)
}

\begin{document}

Hello World

\end{document}

I would expect 'newvalue' to show up under Producer when I
look at the PDF properties in Acrobat Reader, but I always get
MiKTeX pdfTeX 1.10a instead.
I posted on the Miktek SourceForge forum, but they said this
is a PDFTeX issue, not a Miktek issue.  To me, it seems that
both Miktek and PDFTeX are involved, since both names
show up in the Producer field.

Thanks