[pdftex] How to change Producer value?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Sat Feb 15 23:30:21 CET 2003

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 10:15:09PM +0100, Andreas Matthias wrote:

> ruu at pacbell.net wrote:
>
> > How do I change the 'Producer' property for a PDF file created
> > with PDFLaTeX, which I am using as part of the Miktek
> > installation for Windows? I get 'MiKTeX pdfTeX 1.10a' even
> > though I have specified something different.
>
> MikTeX changed the Producer Key? Well, this is not very nice.
> I think one should appreciate the Producer Key. However, if
> MikTeX is not blamed for that, there should be no problem to
> change it again.
>
> In file pdftex.ch delete line number 4499:
>
>   @<Print the Producer key@>;
>
> Then recompile pdftex. That`s all. Now you can set the Producer
> Key with \pdfinfo.

Then the field /Producer will be missing, if it will not be
set later. I think, it is not a shame to be typesetted by
pdfTeX, in contrary, pdfTeX is a very powerful program :-)))
  Therefore a default for /Producer, /Creater, /CreationDate
should be given in my opinion. And on the other hand,
if there is a need for more specific settings, this also should
be possible.
  My suggested patch tries to detect keys, set by the user,
and supresses then the default values, see my other postings
for details to avoid "undefined" states of the PDF file.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>