[pdftex] inclusion of ALL standard fonts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 23 00:35:01 CEST 2003

    > This time last year I shared my headache about the fact that
    > pdflatex does not have an option for inclusion of the 13
    > standard fonts. The reason this came up was that some
    > typesetters apparently have non-standard versions of the
    > standard fonts. Net result was that the paper I had submitted to
    > Siggraph last year came out in the proceedings with at times bad
    > shifts between letters. This was traced to not having the
    > "standard" fonts included.

The font metrics used by TeX are derived from the original Adobe
standard fonts.  The problem is not that the fonts are not embedded
but that *they* use non-standard fonts.

Well, embedding fonts is always useful if the receiver of the document
doesn't know what he's doing.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Reinhard Kotucha			             Phone: +49-511-27060390
Marschnerstr. 25