[pdftex] inclusion of ALL standard fonts

Michael T Metz mtmetz at swbell.net
Thu Apr 24 17:02:42 CEST 2003

Peter:

Look for fontname.dvi.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Schroder [mailto:ps at cs.caltech.edu]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 3:10 PM
To: Michael T Metz
Cc: pdftex at tug.org
Subject: Re: [pdftex] inclusion of ALL standard fonts

Michael T Metz wrote:

> With MikTeX 2.2 Run mkfntmap.exe
> It uses updmap.exe which utilizes a config file updmap.cfg
> which uses ***.map (for example pmn.map for Minion) files
> which have the mapping information for each font family. This
> creates all of the map files which LaTeX uses.

Sure enough this does the trick. Note that you really need to run the very
latest version of Miktex (dated March) to get this feature. This is super
fresh.

Now, if only I could find documentation on what all the other stuff in that
.cfg file does... LW35? What's that? Should I care? What about all the other
font families? Is there actual enduser documentation of any of this?

Peter