[pdftex] PDF-Links from MetaPost

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Sun Mar 10 17:42:37 CET 2002

Dear PDF-fans,

which ways are there for /Link annotations in MetaPost source, for
pdf-output through TeX and companions?

E. g. the way latex --> dvips --> epstopdf seems to work. I tried
annotating MetaPost sources through special"[ pdfmark", then use
\includegraphics{} in LaTeX to include the .eps picture from MetaPost
and then do dvips and epstopdf.

But I had no success through latex --> dvipdfm: After converting some
x.mp with pdfmark link info into to x.1, and this into x.pdf by epstopdf
for inclusion into latex, the x.pdf does not contain a meaningful link,
e. g. one gets something like /Dest[4 0 R /XYZ null null null], but
there is no object `4 0' in x.pdf. And no link appears after inclusion
of this x.pdf through dvipdfm.

Is there any trick to get MetaPost links through with dvipdfm?
And how about the same using pdftex?

Best Regards

Hartmut