[pdftex] Re: filedescriptor leak in pdftex 14h

Otfried Cheong otfried at cs.uu.nl
Tue May 15 17:03:15 CEST 2001

 > Also, if you can get hold of purify and link pdftex with purify,
 > you can catch where the fd leaks are happening.  purify is *great*
 > tool, but it costs a bit...  One can get a free 15 day demo,
 > though, so that should be sufficient for tracking the bug down.

I don't think there is a bug.  I've run pdftex under strace to verify
that all jpeg files were closed.

Perhaps it's as Thanh says and there are simply too many whatsit nodes
kept in memory.

Of course one could change the code so that it wouldn't keep the image
file open between \pdfximage and \pdfrefximage (or rather, shipping
out the whatsit node created by \pdfrefximage).

Otfried