[pdftex] Acrobat and /Dur key

Stephan Lehmke lehmke at jupiter.cs.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Aug 29 18:27:23 CEST 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:01:09 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:

> it's not gone, the whole auto-full screen transition piece of code is crap,
> actually it has been so since the beginning; some versions of reader
> support it, some versions of exchange, and now both reader and exchange
> fail on it.

Well as there seems to be no way of holding two
different versions of acrobat on a single windows
system, and there is no sign of it ever getting
remedied, it might as well be gone for good.
My next lecture starts on Oct 1, I need something
which will work at this point in time.

> sure, use a timer and advance the page one by one; beware: the times stuff
> is also buggy since it keeps running when the docu is closed, so you need
> to catch exceptions and kill the script nicely. Of course this is only
> possible in acro 5 so then opening your file in version 4 will pop up an
> error message.

As my knowledge of JavaScript is nil, I was hoping
for some code which could be plugged into
hyperref's implementation of pdfpageduration ;-)

Is animated TeX code (or animated MetaPost diagrams)
supported by ConTeXt?
If yes, maybe I can deduce something from that
implementation...

regards
Stephan

  Stephan Lehmke     		 Stephan.Lehmke at cs.uni-dortmund.de
  Fachbereich Informatik, LS I	 Tel. +49 231 755 6434
  Universitaet Dortmund		 FAX 		  6555
  D-44221 Dortmund, Germany