[pdftex] Acrobat and /Dur key

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 29 19:18:45 CEST 2001

At 05:21 PM 8/29/2001 +0200, Stephan Lehmke wrote:

>I pointed him to the pdf reference which said that if
>a viewer had a presentation mode, then its behaviour
>was determined by the presentation mode keys (among
>which /DUR). He told me what document I was talking
>about. I told him "adobe pdf reference manual". He

I'm pretty sure that there is quite some functionality that goes untested
as well as bugs that remain bugs simply because they cannot get the right
code in the pdf files with their own tools. I'm not sure how they do it
tiday, but in the early days of acrobat, one has to make zero bboxed eps
files with pdfmarks in order to achieve these things in pagemaker,
framemaker etc. Also, there was no way to combine certain techniques using
distiller, but pdftex could create do them quite well. It simply does not
cross the adobe peoples heads to use the large cohort of tex users for
testing.

[sometimes, the best way to find out how things work is to reverse
engineer: make a small test doc in exchange and see what happens, but i
could not find a way in acro 5 to save a file with transitions]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma at wxs.nl