[pdftex] Color dependence of included pdf images

Marc van Dongen dongen at cs.ucc.ie
Tue Aug 14 09:52:53 CEST 2001

Klaus Guntermann (guntermann at iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de) wrote:

: Heiko Oberdiek writes:
:  > At 10:09 13.08.01 -0400, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:
:  > >In my opinion, all included PDF files should be self contained, and not
:  > >depend on the current state of the PDF engine.
:  >
:  > It is easy to add the \pdfliteral lines in pdftex.def
:  >    \pdfliteral{q 0 g 0 G}% gsave color black
:  >    \pdfrefximage\thepdflastximage
:  >    \pdfliteral{Q}% grestore
:  > But then the color dependence cannot be used as feature.
:  > Before changing pdftex.def I would like having more opionions.
:
: I would like to see the current mechanism as a feature. It works the
: same way for included metapost figures. And I my vote is against
: changing that.

I have the same opinion for the same reasons Klaus. Let's keep
things the way they are.

Regards,

Marc van Dongen