TeX Live fonts in macOS apps

Matthias Schmidt tex at mschmidt.name
Fri Jul 21 17:10:12 CEST 2023

> I use the same symlink but to the complete opentype folder. Every once in a
> while, usually when I update to the latest TeX Live Distribution (via the
> MacTeX installer) the font system gets confused. I use `Font Book.app' and have
> it check all the fonts in that folder and things start to work again.

I have now tried to link the complete folder with

$ ln -sFin "/Library/TeX/Root/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/" "$HOME/Library/Fonts/opentype"

but got the same result. Font Book can find all fonts and reports no problems when validating them but cannot read them properly and just displays question marks in the preview. I have also tried to reset all fonts in Font Book preferences.

Matthias Schmidt