[OS X TeX] Tabs in TS

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 02:36:25 CET 2021

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2021 at 2:16 AM Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
wrote:

Howdy,

> When you say Preview I assume you mean the Preview application (as opposed
> to the Preview Window of TeXShop).

Yes, that has been happening now-and-then, recently on at least 3-4
occasions, in the Preview application, without having TeXShop even opened.

> That has nothing to do with TeXShop.

I guessed that, but Dick mentioned that the problem with the tabs in
TeXShop may be related to something from Apple - it just popped up in my
mind my irritating experience with Preview application, may be also
something related to macOS and how the pdf file locations are searched in
the directory paths.

Are you sure you are opening the proper file?

Yes, and at least one of the pdfs was after using texdoc to check
information about tex styles: for them I wanted to check their locations in
TeXLive, or in my:
~/Library/texmf/

> The Preview applciation does not update automatically when the pdf file is
> updated.

Yes, I've noticed that, which is also very irritating. With previous macOS
it used to update the displayed pdf, when opened in Preview, and after it
gets updated in Aquamacs + Skim. Perhaps this downgrade of Preview
application came with macOS v.11.x.y Big Sur? I can't say which version did
this.

I use:
Aquamacs+Skim (which can be chosen to update)
and
TeXShop + its pdf viewer : is it Preview?

Best Regards,
Roussanka