[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility 1.49 fails to update old TeXLive 2019 and leaves it unusable.

Adam R. Maxwell via MacOSX-TeX macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu
Fri Jul 9 17:23:58 CEST 2021

> On Jul 9, 2021, at 08:12 , George Tourlakis <gt at cse.yorku.ca> wrote:
>
>> 4) Open Tex Live Utility, then
>>
>> Configure > Change Default TeX Live Version… > TeX-Live 2019
>>
>> Configure > Manage Repositories > +
>> ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2019/tlnet-final <ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2019/tlnet-final>
>> Use As Home
>
> Yep, that’s the link.
> I have done all this twice, BUT…

You should not need to do this. TeX Live Utility knows about the historic repositories from 2008-2020 and will select the correct one for you.

If this is repeatable, it would help to have the diagnostics for xz etc. while the tree is in a non-functioning state, although there's not much I can do if tlmgr is misbehaving.

thanks,
Adam