[OS X TeX] TexShop: Command + T does not work

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Apr 23 20:33:17 CEST 2021

> On Apr 23, 2021, at 12:32 PM, Jung-Tsung Shen <jushen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Herb,
>
> Thanks for the reply. OBS is a streaming software and TouchPortal is an app (installed on both Mac and iPhone) allowing iPhone to issue key combinations to Mac. I installed the two programs to make my Zoom teaching and meetings more efficient. I uninstalled the programs and also made sure that in System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Input Monitoring there were no traces of the two programs. I had also checked the Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard pane in System Preferences to make sure there is no global re-assignment of Cmd-T.
>
> I found it a bit strange that there is no central control of the keyboard shortcuts.

Howdy,

Each app sets its defaults and the OS sets defaults for some things that are in frameworks. You can then set global shortcuts and application specific shortcuts in System Preferences->Keyboard pane.

Once more place... You can set global shortcuts in a DefaultKeyBinding.dict file in ~/Library/KeyBindings. NOTE: ~/Library is the Library folder in your HOME folder, NOT /Library which is in the root of you HD/SSD.

> By the way, when I reply to a message, should I put my message below or above the original message? Many years ago, someone on this forum corrected me for doing it wrong (I was simply using the Gmail reply function). I checked several threads on this mailing list just now, both cases are present.
>
> Best,
> JT

Glad you asked!!!

The standard `best practice' is to bottom post so context remains. But LOTS of folks top post and in this case I even middle posted to keep my comments close to relevant information from your post.

herbs at wideopenwest.com