[OS X TeX] External Editor Auto Preview Update

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 23:22:41 CEST 2021

> On 19 Apr 2021, at 21:50, Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Before that, you may like to get TeXShop working with pstricks and transparency via Ghoscript.
> download the GhostsciptTransparencyEngines.zip file from Herb's download site:
> <https://herbs.github.io>
>
> It has an example (TransparencyTest.tex) with which you can test Aquamacs.
>
> As I've been writing this, I've looked at the website, and see that Herb updated it yesterday, by also fixing XeLaTeX. I'll test it in the upcoming days., as soon as I manage.
>
> You can look at the thread:
> [OS X TeX] TeX and DVI in beamer problem
> https://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2021-February/057653.html

Trying TeXshop is a good suggestion. I have spent a bit of time looking for a simple way to convince Aquamacs to do it in one pass using the LuaTeX engine. I'm guessing it is more actively maintained than XeTeX. Like you, I am running into transparency errors. I am using epstopdf for these tests.

I have found enough examples in the pstricks manual for now, so don't send me your examples yet.

best!
Elliott Roper
+44 7454 402200 mobile, facetime
01663 747334 UK landline