[OS X TeX] External Editor Auto Preview Update

Roussanka Loukanova rl.stpuu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 22:50:15 CEST 2021

Hi Elliott,

Could you send me a small example that fails to set from Aquamacs? I'm
> interested because I am supposed to helping Win Treese with documentaation
> for version 3.6 of Aquamacs.

My own examples, which fail from Aquamacs use Avery Andrews styles
(lingtrees.sty and pst-tree-dvips-emu.sty), which, unfortunately, are not
in TeX Live. Today, he wrote to me that he will submit them to TeX Live,
after checking them (hopefully soon). Currently, at CTAN, one can find his
package LingtTrees, running these stylles via a Python preprocessor. I do
not use the preprocessor. I use the styles, by writing the tex code of the
drawings by myself. There are other, maybe even better styles for
tree structures, but I already have a collection of complex tree drawings,
which I need to maintain, update to new ones, etc.

I've prepared a tiny example, for which lingtrees.sty is overkill, but it
demonstrates the problem with pstricks in Aquamacs and how it works in
TeXShop. if you want, I can email it to you, together with the styles
(which you can also extract from the package LingTree on CTAN). Just let me
know.

Before that, you may like to get TeXShop working with pstricks and
transparency via Ghoscript.
download the GhostsciptTransparencyEngines.zip file from Herb's download
site:
<https://herbs.github.io>

It has an example (TransparencyTest.tex) with which you can test Aquamacs.

As I've been writing this, I've looked at the website, and see that Herb
updated it yesterday, by also fixing XeLaTeX. I'll test it in the upcoming
days., as soon as I manage.

You can look at the thread:
[OS X TeX] TeX and DVI in beamer problem
https://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/2021-February/057653.html

(The book is memoirs, diaries and correspondence of my sister's
> father-in-law,

My epock is still on, but who is going to write a book :)

Best Regards,
Roussanka

best!