[OS X TeX] External Editor Auto Preview Update

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Mon Apr 19 00:40:26 CEST 2021

> On 18 Apr 2021, at 21:39, Roussanka Loukanova <rl.stpuu at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use the default viewing in TeXShop. Trying to get it in parallel with Aquamacs was just for the purpose, to compare the pdf outputs in them, esp. because now I can't get Aquamacs working with pstricks. Everything is wonderfully fine with TeXShop. I am very happy with both Aquamacs and TeXShop, and am not going to give them up. I need them working.

Could you send me a small example that fails to set from Aquamacs? I'm interested because I am supposed to helping Win Treese with documentaation for version 3.6 of Aquamacs. That will help me in an area I need experience with.

A quick look at pstricks documentation and articles on tug.org shows my suggestion of changing to the LuaLaTeX engine will not automatically make it work. At the very least the pstricks statements have to be placed in a PsPicture or postscript environment. I think I can get it to work avoiding GhostScript, but an example from you would be most helpful.

(The book is memoirs, diaries and correspondence of my sister's father-in-law, born near Kiev in 1913, who lived as a semi-permanent refugee across revolutions and two world wars in Russia, Poland, Germany and Morrocco who somehow managed to get a good engineering degree and bring up his family before settling in Australia in the late 1950's We did a short print run aimed at his grandkids and people like me who had no idea of his adventures and narrow escapes)

best!
Elliott Roper
+44 7454 402200 mobile, facetime
01663 747334 UK landline