[OS X TeX] Announce: MacTeX-2021 Released

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 5 17:32:55 CEST 2021

Folks,

> It seems to be more complicated than just running the MacTeX installer,
> so I'll give it a try sometime later in the week...

Just to avoid confusion by others, using the MacTeX installer gives everything and no other steps are needed. But if you have a version of macOS older than Mojave, you need to use the Unix install script, and then you need to run TeXDist-2021 at the end.

We should thank Mojca Miklavec, who compiles x86_64-darwinlegacy for systems earlier than Mojave. Her binaries make it possible to use the Unix install script on older systems.

The Unix install script installs universal-darwin on Mojave and above; those binaries contain both Intel and Arm code.

Richard Koch