[OS X TeX] Memory size exceeded

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 20:18:12 CET 2020

It may actually be the case that the memory was exceeded, though I haven't come across this in several years.
But it may also be the result of some obscure typesetting error.

I assume you have your work divided into several files (presumably one per chapter of the book?).

Are you able to typeset if you do some chapters separately using \includeonly?

If you are able to typeset everything in pieces this way, then it suggests it is "actual" capacity exceeded. Otherwise, which chapter errs out?

There is some arcane way to grant TeX more memory, if necessary. I'd have to look it up.

LS