[OS X TeX] Biber

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 18:46:13 CEST 2020

On 20/10/2020 17:37, Herbert Schulz wrote
> Howdy,
>
> But then why would biber find .bib files when executed in Terminal and TeXShop?
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

It's a path issue. From inside TeXworks, the path is simply

     /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

whereas in TeXShop or the Terminal it's

     /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/usr/local/bin

Presumably, Biber calls kpsewhich via the path, whereas I guess other
tools have it linked so they don't need to find it. So the issue arises
as that Biber doesn't say that it can't run kpsewhich, it just fails to
do it :(

I've attached my typesetting set up as a screenshot: you can see that
there, TeXworks does 'see' TeXbin, etc. So I'm not sure exactly where
one can alter things.

Joseph