[OS X TeX] two links disappear

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:36:27 CEST 2020

I have a book-length project (with many source files for the various chapters, etc.) that uses, among other things, the memoir document class and the babel, hyperref, cleveref, and crossreftools packages.

After yesterday’s latest updates to TeXLive, suddenly \cref links to two particular theorem-type items (a theorem and a lemma) just disappear from the pdf after pdflatexmk has completed. And the expected \newlabel entries fot those two items have disappeared from the .aux file, too.

There are _many_ other \cref links to such theorem-type items, likewise with optional arguments, that do _not_ disappear, just those two!

Oddly, the links to the two items do NOT disappear after just two fresh runs of pdflatex (after clearing all auxiliary files, of course).

I have tried, but been unable, to reproduce the problem with my preamble and excerpts from the whole book. Needless to say, this is disconcerting!

Can you offer any suggestions?

Or, if you’d be so kind, to take a look at the entire thing? I’d be happy to send an archive of the whole project.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334