[OS X TeX] With the latest update via Tex Live Utility something goes wrong

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 4 14:56:40 CEST 2020

> On Oct 4, 2020, at 3:35 AM, Tine Wilde <message at tinewilde.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I want to inform you that with the latest update via Tex Live Utility something goes wrong so that I was unable to run my documents with Texshop.
>
> Until yesterday everything worked just fine. In order to check what was going on, I downloaded an installed Mactex2020 again - everything worked just fine. Then, after updating via TexLive Utility and testing it went wrong - unable to run my documents.
>
> For your convenience: I work on Mac Catalina 10.15.7.
>
> Hope someone can fix this omission - in the meantime I will reinstall MacTex2020 and won’t update for a while.
>
> Sincerely,
> Best regards,
> Tine
>
> TINE WILDE
> message at tinewilde.com
> https://www.tinewilde.com

Howdy,

There was just an update to latex. Unfortunately, even though package maintainers were notified months ago about the pending changes, there are some packages that modify some latex internals that weren't updated. What packages are being loaded by your document?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)