[OS X TeX] Latex file locks

koch at math.uoregon.edu koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Nov 27 14:57:49 CET 2020

Themis,

I vaguely remember that long ago someone ran into this problem and the reason was a bad entry in the com.apple.FinderInfo attribute. This attribute comes from the Mac long, long ago. You can read it using Terminal. To get the attribute for a file named "Final.tex", for instance

	xattr -p com.apple.FinderInfo Final.tex

In that old case, some other program was incorrectly setting the attribute. But I have forgotten the details. Perhaps another user remembers more.

By comparing attributes from files that work and files that don't work, you should be able to see if this hint is related or irrelevant.

Richard Koch