[OS X TeX] enumeration

Nitecki, Zbigniew H. Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu
Wed Aug 19 21:34:52 CEST 2020

Thank you for the suggestion.  The first version works;  when I put \usepackage[shortlabels]{enumitem} in the preamble, I get the error message
/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/tex/latex/enumitem/enumitem.sty:1426: LaTeX
Error: Command \setlist already defined.
               Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.1426 ...ar{\enit at setlist\@ne}{\enit at setlist\z@}}

But this is no issue for me;  I can certainly use the first solution.

But I was hoping for a way to override the parentheses format, which I think is created by the amsarticle documentstyle, for all enumerations of lists with a single
command (or setting a parameter) in the preamble.

In any case, I have a workaround if necessary.  Thanks again.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155