[OS X TeX] How tell MacTeX 2016 about fonts in user tree?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at me.com
Tue Jun 7 16:13:52 CEST 2016

> On Jun 7, 2016, at 04:04 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> Certainly not ``unconditionally''! :-) (Also, Dick should NOT put that into the MacTeX install script!!! That would produce a global map file in ~/Library/texlive/YEAR/texmf-var behind the user's back and, from then on, TLU would HAVE to run `updmap`. The philosophy of MacTeX not touching the HOME folder is correct.)
>
> Running
>
> updmap
>
> (NO `sudo`, NOT `updmap-sys) ONCE in the lifetime of the distribution is not a big deal AFAIC.

I understood Murray to be talking about a problem that would be solved by running updmap as user. Of course it would only run if the user already has an updmap.cfg file in TEXMFHOME, as I check for that at present. I meant that I could run it at launch, regardless of whether the user has installed/removed/updated.

-- adam