[OS X TeX] using \cleardoublepage

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sat Oct 23 23:04:26 CEST 2010

Sent from my iPad

On 24/10/2010, at 7:45 AM, Don Green Dragon <fergdc at Shaw.ca> wrote:

> In his book "More Math into LaTeX", George Gratzer suggests on page 101 how to use the \cleardoublepage command. When I include
>
> \usepackage{cleardoublepage}

There is a command \cleardoublepage .
No extra package is needed.
Have you a book on LaTeX, or a listing of commands?

Lamport,    Kopka and Daly,  the LaTeX Companion.
These are the best.

> in the preamble, the Console complains:
>
> ! LaTeX Error: File `cleardoublepage.sty' not found.
>
> Gratzer writes:
>
> "If for you document class this does not work, use the package cleardoublepage.sty in the Samples folder."

Maybe Grätzer provides a CD of examples with his book?
Did you look there.
In any case, \clearpage and \cleardoublepage are already part of LaTeX,
So you can just use them.

> Well, I had the file 'cleardoublepage.sty' in the directory ~/Documents/Samples/ but in that location, TeXshop could not find it as the error line above shows. So I made a copy of the file 'cleardoublepage.sty' and placed in the same directory as the source file! That worked nicely, however, such solution seems ad hoc. Is there a 'standard' directory where I could have put this file so that TeXshop would have found it?
>

> Don Green Dragon
> fergdc at Shaw.ca

Hope this helps,

     Ross