[OS X TeX] using \cleardoublepage

Don Green Dragon fergdc at Shaw.ca
Sat Oct 23 22:45:36 CEST 2010

In his book "More Math into LaTeX", George Gratzer suggests on page 101 how to use the \cleardoublepage command. When I include

\usepackage{cleardoublepage}

in the preamble, the Console complains:

! LaTeX Error: File `cleardoublepage.sty' not found.

Gratzer writes:

"If for you document class this does not work, use the package cleardoublepage.sty in the Samples folder."

Well, I had the file 'cleardoublepage.sty' in the directory ~/Documents/Samples/ but in that location, TeXshop could not find it as the error line above shows. So I made a copy of the file 'cleardoublepage.sty' and placed in the same directory as the source file! That worked nicely, however, such solution seems ad hoc. Is there a 'standard' directory where I could have put this file so that TeXshop would have found it?

Don Green Dragon
fergdc at Shaw.ca