[OS X TeX] Need help collaborating with Windows user

Gerrit Glabbart g.glabbart at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:45:22 CET 2010

2010/3/12 John B. Thoo <jthoo at yccd.edu>

> What should I ask Amy about her set up, so that I can provide you the
> information you need to help?  For my part, I'm using TeXLive-2007, Mac OS
> 10.5.8, PowerBook G4 (12 inch).  I use "latex", "xdvi", &c. in X-Windows and
> not, e.g., TeXShop.

Well, for a start, you could ask her to provide the same info you gave us:
TeX distro and version, operating system, processor architecture (not sure
if that last one is relevant, but still).

Is there a reason you're using TeX Live 2007 still? I realize the "if it
ain't broke, don't fix it" approach has its merits, and while it's true that
new software invariably introduces new bugs, progress has not stood still in
the TeX world over the last two years. For instance, you get the rather
wonderful TeX Live Utility (and the only slightly less wonderful tlmgr, if
you're a command line sort of person -- or on a non-Mac computer) to keep
your distribution up to date, thus making bug fixes and new features
available more often than once a year.

-- Gerrit.