[OS X TeX] personal package : following 2

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Dec 23 12:41:21 CET 2010

Am 23.12.2010 um 12:15 schrieb Karine Fourlon:

> My tree in the Home Library is :
> Library / Tex / Tex live utility - Excalibur-LuaTex and XeTex Etc.
> Not the usual stuff I used to have on PC
> another is : Library / texlive / 2010 / texmf-var and more folders
> leading to nothing.
>
> The "normal " folders are on the HD, there I have Tex / Local /
> tex / latex / local. I also put my .cls and .sty files there.

Your descriptions are really hard to follow, with so many capital and
small and empty (SPACE) letters. As a work-around I know off you can
drag directories (folders) and also files from Finder into Terminal
and then copy the "materialised" path(s) from Terminal and paste them
into Mail.

> If I understand well, the files are not in the right library. Do I
> have to reinstall maxTex to get it properly ?

Probably not. It's certainly not a problem of files added by MacTeX
into /private/etc/paths.d and /private/etc/manpaths.d. (You can check
what there exists with 'ls -l /private/etc/paths.d /private/etc/
manpaths.d'.)

Execute

	kpsexpand '$TEXMFHOME'

and it will show the path to the root (beginning) of your private tree
of additions to the TeX distribution installed. Then write on the
command line

	mkdir -p

(notice the final SPACE character!), copy the output from the command,
and paste it after the text you have written. Finally press RETURN.
Now your own private $TEXMFHOME should exist. If you want you can
install a structure of sub-directories (folders) inside this directory
and put your files into them. But you can also put a lot just on a
heap (I think BibTeX related files need a structure).

--
Greetings

   Pete

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've
always worked for me.
				– Hunter S. Thompson