[OS X TeX] personal package : following 2

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Thu Dec 23 17:46:29 CET 2010

Karine,

You do NOT have a problem. Don't reinstall.

I bet the files you listed are NOT in /Library, but are instead in /Applications.
We install graphic applications like TeX Live Utility, a little documentation, and
TeXShop in

	/Applications/TeX

On a Unix machine like OSX, TeX itself is in hidden directories: primarily

	/usr/local/texlive/2010

That's because such machines often support many users, all using the same
TeX installation, and you wouldn't want one user messing with everybody else.

In /Applications/TeX, you should find a document called
"What Is Installed.pdf". This will explain where everything lives.

I wrote you privately about personal files. These style
files and class files should be put int

	~/Library/texmf/tex/latex

Here ~/Library is the Library folder in your home directory, NOT the system Library
folder. You will have to create the subdirectories texmf, tex, and latex. You can put
your files in subdirectories of this final "latex" directory if you like.

Dick Koch

PS: For much more information on your MacTeX installation, go to

	www.tug.org/mactex

This page has very extension documentation about the installation, and a FAQ
page which should answer many of your questions.