[OS X TeX] Re: gnu fmt, or equivalent, for TeX?

Ramón Figueroa-Centeno ramonf at hawaii.edu
Thu Apr 1 08:40:40 CEST 2010

Aloha,

There is a C program, reform.c <http://arxiv.org/help/macro_list> that
reformats LaTeX correctly (I'm not 100% sure, but so far so good) to 80
characters per line (I had a student modify it so that it takes a parameter
with the number of characters per line desired, but given the fact that the
program does not even list an author or a license I do not know if I should
distribute it, what do you guys think?).

Now, the line breaking is sometimes uneven, but the resulting LaTeX compiles
as it is careful to handle comments correctly (TeXShop's Hard Wrap command
has a bug that does not allow it to handle comments correctly). I use it as
a filter in BBEdit and TeXshop (via applescript).

Ramón