[OS X TeX] Re: Need help collaborating with Windows user

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Thu Apr 1 07:48:02 CEST 2010

On Mar 31, 2010, I jthoo wrote:

>> In my bad example. If you'd visit the web page Michael Sharpe gave
>> you'll see the auto-pst-pdf example: one text for both TeX engines.

>>> So, e.g.,
>>>
>>> pdflatex -shell-escape foo.tex
>>
>> Yes, as the web site recommends.
>
> Unfortunately, this route resulted in my pspictures being placed
> weirdly on the pages, so I'm temporarily back to using plain "latex"
> with DVI output for this particular project (but I'm beginning to use
> pdflatex on my more recent stuff).  What am I doing wrongly?  (Maybe I
> missed a step somewhere.)

And on 31 Mar 2010 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> replied:

> Am 31.03.2010 um 14:29 schrieb John B. Thoo:
>
>> What am I doing wrongly?
>

> Not reading (studying/understanding) the LOG files?

That may be so.  When I created a smaller (simpler) file with
pspictures, using the package "auto-pst-pdf" and "pdflatex -shell-
escape foo.tex" worked just fine.  So, I will try my bigger project
again and this time take a look at the log files for clues (which I
hadn't done).

Thanks.

---John.