[OS X TeX] Why does this hang so = [OT] electronic books

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Oct 28 00:36:54 CET 2009

On Oct 27, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Similarly, during the past thirty years, the profits of the
> "elementary textbooks" publishing industry have gone steadily up
> while the ranking of US students in TIMMS and later PISA have gone
> steadily down.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

While I was still teaching (I've been retired since 2001 after too
many years teaching Physics at a local Community College) it seemed to
me that most of the expense was because they went over to fancy color
diagrams and kept on removing topics and doing a worse job of
explaining things. All flash, no content, just like I've, for the most
part, seen everywhere else.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)