[OS X TeX] Why does this hang so = [OT] electronic books

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 00:43:43 CET 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> While I was still teaching (I've been retired since 2001 after too many
> years teaching Physics at a local Community College) it seemed to me that
> most of the expense was because they went over to fancy color diagrams and
> kept on removing topics and doing a worse job of explaining things. All
> flash, no content, just like I've, for the most part, seen everywhere else.

Agreed! The typesetting textbooks with 9" margins full of fancy but
rather irrelevant pictures is not for advanced author

And all successive editions differ mainly by shuffling of the text and
problems (so if the instructor gives home assignments using textbook
problems then all students must have the same edition)

Victor