[OS X TeX] Stumped by behavior of modified marginpar

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Mar 26 04:50:42 CET 2009

On  25 Mar, 2009, at 18:14, Lee Witt wrote:

> I use Latex for 99% of the items I distribute to my classes. I'm
> currently using a Macbook Pro, OSX

[...]

> I usually use Texshop version 2.26, but the same thing occurs with
> Aquamacs Emacs (I'm not sure it wouldn't have, but I thought I'd
> check).

[...]

> \usepackage{pdfsync}

[...]

> If I comment out the ``\usepackage{pdfsync}'' instruction, and
> compile, all works as intended.

You don't have to use pdfsync anymore ---if your OS is at least 10.4,
use TeXShop's Search (Preferences... -> Typesetting tab -> Sync Method
->Search); if you use TeXLive 2008 (MacTeX 2008), you also have
SyncTeX available. See

http://itexmac.sourceforge.net/pdfsync.html

``At the end of this summer (2007), pdfsync is slowly migrating to
pdftex itself. We are working at giving pdftex all the pdfsync ability
and more...''

It already has. TeXShop gives you either its own Search or SyncTeX.

Best,

Axel