[OS X TeX] novice query concerning international characters

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri Oct 10 00:47:30 CEST 2008

Just to follow-up: it turned out the problem I thought was associated
with o circumflex was actually due to stray invisible characters. It
just happened that every paragraph which contained such a stray also
contained and o circumflex and vice-versa. I finally solved it after
examining the files in Terminal and comparing character codes with those
in my minimal test file. Made me wish TeXShop had a (souped-up)
equivalent of WordPerfect's make-everything-visible mode!

Thanks again,
cfr

On Thu 9th Oct, 2008 at 22:47, cfrees at imapmail.org seems to have written: