[OS X TeX] Re: Problem with psnup

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Fri Jun 13 03:16:25 CEST 2008

hi joachim,

>    latex test
>    dvips -o one.ps test
>    psnup -d -2 one.ps two.ps

i think everything works out ok up to there. i had to specify the
paper size explicitly since i have my default set to lettersize, but
the following produced the expected results for me:

latex test.tex
dvips -t a4 test.dvi -o one.ps
psnup -d -2 one.ps two.ps

however then it seems that ps2pdf and pstopdf have difficulty with the
size of two.ps - to make an a4 pdf i had to explicitly specify the
papersize:

ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 two.ps

hope that helps,
jan

ps. if you're not oppsed to switching to pdf earlier in the workflow,
look at pdfnup, a wrapper for the pdfpages package. it's been
mentioned on the list a few times, but rightfully so - it's one of the
most useful scripts around, i find: http://go.warwick.ac.uk/pdfjam