[OS X TeX] Re: Problem with psnup

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 12 23:56:31 CEST 2008

Am 12.06.2008 um 21:48 schrieb Joachim Kock:

>     \setlength{\textwidth}{160mm}
>     \setlength{\oddsidemargin}{0mm}
>     \setlength{\evensidemargin}{0mm}
>     \setlength{\marginparwidth}{0mm}

IMO you shouldn't do that! It's better to use the geometry package:
it can record dimensions in the output produced by TeX.

Your PS file has a "%%BoundingBox: 0 0 595 842" and a "%%
DocumentPaperSizes: a4" while mine has only "%%BoundingBox: 0 0 612
792" – which is letter format! Your DVI file seems to have been in
ISO A4 format: "TeXDict begin 39139632 55387786 1000 600 600 (top.dvi)".

Comparing the two PS files I see the "texts" and the page numbers
start at exactly the same positions. This did not change after I had
corrected my private dvips configuration to use ISO A4 paper.

My psnup-a4 package was installed with Fink. I cannot see any frame
that the -d switch of psnup produces, neither in my nor in your PS
file. I see only a thick vertical line that divides the landscape ISO
A4 paper into two equal parts. The geometry has a showframe option ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb
movies alone.
				– Amiri Baraka, 1999