[OS X TeX] Installing 'makor' package on MacTeX

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Nov 9 00:11:19 CET 2007

Am 08.11.2007 um 20:33 schrieb Eric Jablow:

> Whee makor would have me edit the psfonts.map file directly, I am
> advised to edit the updmap.cfg file or use a program to update it

Editing only psfonts.map enables only the path TeX + dvips, i.e. the
recent pdfTeX won't be able to support this package's fonts. The
recommended way is to create a MAP file fragment that contains those
entries you would enter into psfonts.map. Let's call this MAP file
fragment makor.map and let's assume it's placed into the system's
trees (in either /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/fonts/map/dvips/misc for
gwTeX or
/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/misc for TeX Live
2007), then you need to update this system via

	sudo texhash

Now that the MAP file fragment is known you can add its entries to
the MAP files for dvips, dvipdfm, and pdfTeX:

	sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=makor.map

which also adds makor.map to updmap.cfg.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
                                          - Groucho Marx