[OS X TeX] Installing 'makor' package on MacTeX

Eric Jablow ejablow at cox.net
Fri Nov 9 02:02:32 CET 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 6:11 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Editing only psfonts.map enables only the path TeX + dvips, i.e. the
> recent pdfTeX won't be able to support this package's fonts. The
> recommended way is to create a MAP file fragment that contains those
> entries you would enter into psfonts.map. Let's call this MAP file
> fragment makor.map and let's assume it's placed into the system's
> trees (in either /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs/fonts/map/dvips/misc
> for gwTeX or
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/misc for TeX Live
> 2007), then you need to update this system via
>
> 	sudo texhash

I did this, but the next step seems to fail.

> Now that the MAP file fragment is known you can add its entries to
> the MAP files for dvips, dvipdfm, and pdfTeX:
>
> 	sudo updmap-sys --enable Map=makor.map
>
> which also adds makor.map to updmap.cfg.

makor.map doesn't make it into that updmap.cfg.  I'm using MacTeX, not
gwTeX and not texlive, though there are texlive directories.  The
directory /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/map/dvips/misc doesn't
exist.  Should I create one and put makor.map into it?

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow