[OS X TeX] Leo's Spotlight doesn't find sty, lco, engine files

Adam M. Goldstein agoldstein at iona.edu
Fri Nov 2 13:30:26 CET 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 5:30 AM, RA Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> Morning.
>
> Spotlight in Tiger (MacOS X 10.4.x) has found sty, lco and engine
> files in subdirectories of ~/Library. But now in Leo (MacOS  10.5)
> it doesn't. At least almost not. Because if I create a new Spotlight
> smart folder in Finder sty, lco and engine files are displayed in
> this folder. But if I stroke Cmd+Space and look for it, nothing will
> be found.
>
> Why?
>
> Is there a Terminal command or another trick to enable Spotlight to
> find sty, lco und engine files when stroking Cmd+Space?

Mine finds .sty, but didn't find any TeXShop engines or .lco files. I
know I have the former, but I don't know about the latter.

Did you go into terminal and use the "mdimport" command? Use "man
mdimport" to see how to use it. This will index whatever you tell it to.

There are some GUI front ends that do similar things, but I don't know
what they are off the top of my head.

-Adam
=================================
Adam M. Goldstein PhD