[OS X TeX] Leo's Spotlight doesn't find sty, lco, engine files

Friedrich Vosberg fvosberg at mac.com
Sat Nov 17 16:45:56 CET 2007

Am 02.11.2007 um 13.30 schrieb Adam M. Goldstein:

> On Nov 2, 2007, at 5:30 AM, RA Friedrich Vosberg wrote:
>
>> Spotlight in Tiger (MacOS X 10.4.x) has found sty, lco and engine
>> files in subdirectories of ~/Library. But now in Leo (MacOS  10.5)
>> it doesn't. At least almost not. Because if I create a new
>> Spotlight smart folder in Finder sty, lco and engine files are
>> displayed in this folder. But if I stroke Cmd+Space and look for
>> it, nothing will be found.
>>
> Did you go into terminal and use the "mdimport" command? Use "man
> mdimport" to see how to use it. This will index whatever you tell it
> to.

Maybe I do not understand the man page. But I can not find there any
hint how to enable mdimport to grab all the sty, engine and lco
(letter class option) files without using an importer plugin. But that
I do not possess.

The most curious is, that Spotlight can find all those files when
searching for them by Cmd+F in the Finder. But doesn't when using the
lens in the menue bar. So I think it's not a problem of importing the
files into the meta database. It's an issue of displaying the files in
the lens list.

Right?

HTH and kind regards, Friedrich

--
»Ein Wunder ist, was man nicht erklären kann aber kein Recht zu
leugnen hat.« (Anita Albus)