[OS X TeX] How to merge the distributions on my machine?

Adam M. Goldstein amgoldstein at mac.com
Wed Jun 6 22:31:26 CEST 2007

On Jun 6, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Jonathon Swiderski wrote:

> How should I go about merging the distributions on my machine, so that
> I can just have everything in one place?

Why not just stick with one only? I would stick with TeX Live, as
Gerben is not providing support for i-Installer any more, and his
distribution is based on Tex Live anyhow, while TeX Live has, for the
present, people committed to keeping it up. If there's something
you're missing from TeX Live that gwTeX has, you can add it by hand
from CTAN.

On the other hand, Gerben seems to be keeping up gwTeX for himself
and i-Installer is quite robust, and others on the list would
probably help you with it, if you asked.

To delete a distribution, you can just remove its directory in \usr
\local, or wherever it is; you can remove it with i-installer, if you
installed it that way. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think
that uninstalling with i-installer leaves the i-Package, which you
have to delete by hand.

I hope this helps. . .

-Adam
--