[OS X TeX] How to merge the distributions on my machine?

Jonathon Swiderski jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 22:44:59 CEST 2007

On 6/6/07, Adam M. Goldstein <amgoldstein at mac.com> wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2007, at 10:58 AM, Jonathon Swiderski wrote:
>

> > How should I go about merging the distributions on my machine, so that
> > I can just have everything in one place?
> >

> Why not just stick with one only? I would stick with TeX Live, as
> Gerben is not providing support for i-Installer any more, and his
> distribution is based on Tex Live anyhow, while TeX Live has, for the
> present, people committed to keeping it up. If there's something
> you're missing from TeX Live that gwTeX has, you can add it by hand
> from CTAN.

As it turns out, gwTeX is not a strict subset of TeXLive:  the GTA Mac
Fonts, for one, are missing from TeXLive, and they're not on CTAN.
Things like this are why I'd rather just combine what's already on my
machine.

Jonathon Swiderski -- jonathon.swiderski at gmail.com
"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money
in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week." --- Evan
Esar