[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Illustrator again

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 29 15:13:59 CET 2007

Am 29.01.2007 um 14:40 schrieb RS:

> I am totally lost... because I am new in installing TeXShop.

It has absolutely nothing to do with TeXShop. TeXShop is just an
editor that allows to invoke some TeX related machinery to create
some TeX output.

> I do not remember any question by
> i-Installer when  I used the MacTeX pakage.

MacTeX is differently installed, but it brings also i-Installer which
you can use afterwards for tweaking the system.

> Actually, I have a folder which contains :
>
> 1) CM fonts (without any extension)
>
> 2) lmroman... all with an .otf extension.
>
> But it does not work, either in /Library/Fonts
> or in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.

AFAIR i-Installer did some conversions of the original Latin Modern
fonts with fontforge. This conversion only happens when fontforge is
found. Could be MacTeX runs into some race condition that it fails to
do the conversion.

I neither use MacTeX nor i-Installer, but I am confident that once
you've managed to install fontforge (from its i-Package or from
MacTeX) into /usr/local and you invoke i-Installer to re-configure
only, that the conversion will happen!

--
Greetings

   Pete