[OS X TeX] TeXShop and Illustrator again

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Jan 29 15:08:26 CET 2007

Le 29 janv. 07 à 12:20, RS a écrit :

> I tried to open a pdf file created by TeXShop
> and get the message
>
> ''The police LMRoman10-Italic is missing, etc.''
>
> I have already the folder TeX-Illustrator inside
> /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts.
>
> What to do ?

I suppose you mean you tried to open a PDF file created by TeXShop in
Adobe Illustrator. Don't. That won't work, Illustrator doesn't
recognize the encodings of the fonts embedded in TeX-produced PDF files.

The only workaround that I know of is a utility created by Gary Gray.
It turns the characters in the TeX-produced PDF file into outlines
(i.e. they become drawings and are no longer recognized as belonging
to a font), which makes Illustrator happy.

I don't remember the name of the utility or where it can be
downloaded from, but it should be possible to dig that info from the
list archives.

> Is it possible to ask TeXShop to produce eps files ?

You can, but that won't solve the problem with Illustrator: you will
experience exactly the same problem as with PDF files.

Bruno Voisin

PS Please don't start a new thread by replying to a message from
another thread: modern email software such as Apple's Mail or
Mozilla's Thunderbird will recognize your message as belonging to the
original thread, and put it among the messages from this thread.
That's often referred to as "thread hijacking". That makes it more
difficult for others to follow a thread, and it's likely your
messages will simply be overlooked.

All this is because email software doesn't identify threads based on
the message subject, but on the hidden header In-reply-to, in your case:

referring to Herb Schulz's message you replied to.