[OS X TeX] Illustrator cannot use partial sets of TeX fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Aug 10 00:36:11 CEST 2006

Am 09.08.2006 um 23:43 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> ==================
>
> Remote package is more recent
>
> The remote package is newer. Press Cancel to cancel the current
> action (updating is currently not possible: read-only package,
> locked package or network access turned off) or press Ignore to try
> to go ahead anyway (not recommended). Note that the current Ignore
> action only pertains to the availability of files for the selector
> phase. It is only after the selection has been made that i-
> Installer knows what is actually needed for an install.
>
> If after the selection of what to install it turns out that all
> necessary files are available, installation will commence. If not,
> the Install will be aborted.
>
> --Ignore--   --Cancel--
> ==================

This is what I also found last week. The Ignore button should make i-
Installer ignore the remote update ...

Actually you do not need to use i-Installer to change the
configuration for updmap. And you might be happier with a working
updmap! The message from i-Installer "Remote package is more recent"
means that there is an update for the i-Package available you are
currently working with. Some day an update would be recommended ...
(separating from Internet should make i-Installer usable again)

OK, in the end you succeeded to pdflatex your test file, and you have
the same results as I had. Obviously the math requires cmsy7 for
indices or exponents, and cmmi7 when these are italics, cmex10 has
math symbols and cmmi10 has the same as italics. Cmr10 has some Greek
symbols ... ? Have you managed to change the < syntax into <<? How is
the five letters word software performing with these? If this
software still fails and needs the fonts installed in /Library/Fonts
or ~/Library/Fonts, then Fourier/Utopia is the choice. I just looked
into the English documentation (fourier-doc-en) and there is no CM
used, so it should work to set all maths without CM. The fourier-orns
document uses CM again ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the
impurities in our air and water that are doing it."