[OS X TeX] TeXShop & dvi files

Morten Poulsen morten at math.ku.dk
Thu Sep 22 13:31:41 CEST 2005

> Previously TeXShop relied, for the DVI -> PDF conversion, on the
> scripts altpdftex and/or alpdftex, versions of which were included
> in the application bundle:
>
> /Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/altpdflatex
> /Applicationsop/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/altpdflatexc.bxx
> /Applicationsn/Desktop/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/altpdftex
>
> I'm not quite sure which of the bundled altpdflatex, or of the
> script altpdflatexc.bxx setting the paths to /usr/local/teTeX/bin/
> powerpc-apple-darwin-current and /usr/local/bin then calling
> altpdflatex there, was used.
>
> In any case, now the scripts altpdflatex and altpdftex have been
> deprecated and have been made aliases to /usr/local/teTeX/bin/
> powerpc-apple-darwin-current/simpdftex, which is the script TeXShop
> is now using (as specified in its Engine Prefs). And it seems
> TeXShop includes no bundled simpdftex.
>
> I suspect your problem comes from there: not having this script in
> your build of teTeX.

True, I do not have the simpdftex script. But I'm a little confused:
There is no reference to simpdftex
in the engine preferences in my version of TeXShop (2.03).
Furthermore, the altpdf* scripts in
/Applications/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/ are indeed scripts, not
aliases to simpdftex.

Thanks!

/Morten